A book for children about coronavirus that aims to give information without fear. With everything that is going on at the moment; big changes to children’s routines and lots of stories on the news it can be a really scary time for children.
This book aims to open up the conversation about coronavirus and some of the things they might be hearing about it and provide truthful information in a reassuring and child friendly manner.
A free information book that explains the coronavirus to children. It is illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler. bit.ly/lninosycrowlin
The current extraordinary situation may be frightening and confusing for children and helping them to understand is an important step in dealing with the anxiety and other emotions that they may feel.
Parents can use this free downloadable book, suitable for 5-9 year olds, to talk about the following issues:
• What is the coronavirus?
• How do you catch the coronavirus?
• What happens if you catch the coronavirus?
• Why are people worried about catching the coronavirus?
• Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
• Why are some places we normally go to closed?
• What can I do to help?
• What’s going to happen next?