A free information book has just been released that explains the coronavirus to children. It is illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler. bit.ly/lninosycrowlink
The current extraordinary situation may be frightening and confusing for children and helping them to understand is an important step in dealing with the anxiety and other emotions that they may feel.
Parents can use this free downloadable book, suitable for 5-9 year olds, to talk about the following issues:
• What is the coronavirus?
• How do you catch the coronavirus?
• What happens if you catch the coronavirus?
• Why are people worried about catching the coronavirus?
• Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
• Why are some places we normally go to closed?
• What can I do to help?
• What’s going to happen next?